Monday, December 7, 2009


Late on getting this out as I want to say Happy Thanksgiving but good grief, we're less than 3 weeks until Christmas! Where does the time go??? Seems to speed by quicker the older I get...go figure! We are doing well and had a wonderful Thanksgiving, we hosted it here and I think we had close to 30, including a few kiddos! I seem to enjoy this holiday the most, lots of good food, time to visit with family and no stress about buying the presents! ; ) I cooked a few dishes but my mom and dad brought a turkey as well as my cousin and her husband brought along the real star of the show for the day.....a deep-fried turkey...yum!


We have been busy as usual.....I helped with both older girls with Thanksgiving activities. Allison had a big "pow-wow" for their social studies unit this year at school and I went in and helped with it. They had a big traditional turkey dinner for lunch that the teacher prepared and then we made all kinds of Indian crafts, etc..in the afternoon. It was alot of fun, for both the kiddos and the moms that helped! Thursday night after our big dinner here, it's been a tradition over the past couple of years that my sister and her husband and her girls spend the night here and then Amy and I go out early early to start Christmas shopping on Friday morning. Jason stayed here with the kids to watch football and play games....always fun! Then on Saturday foll0wing Turkey day, we headed down to Louisville, KY to spend some time with Jason's family for their Thanksgiving get-together. Busy times but so much fun and wouldn't trade it for anything! Now we're ready for Christmas....well, not really ready for it yet but loving this time of the year. Allie has her school program this Thursday. She's excited as she has a speaking part...not huge but she's been really practicing her one line....Go Allie! Keeping busy here and celebrating each day as it comes.....can't complain one bit....life is good!

No comments: