Sunday, May 8, 2011

Derby Fun.....oh and Happy Mother's Day! : )









We celebrated our annual Derby fun down at the Ramsey's house (family friends!) in Louisville this weekend. Given that my hubby is a true born Kentuckian, we have to celebrate this event....and the Ramsey's do a wonderful job of hosting such a fun day. They share an awesome spread of food, while everyone brings a dish or two as well....then we all have a good time of watching the various horse races all day long (if you are not familiar with the Derby, there are actually many races that lead up to the big one that early evening, I've learned alot since marrying my Kentucky man!), eating, laughing and having a great time as always. This year, we headed back home that night since the day after was Mother's Day. We hosted a little get-together at our house on Mama's Day, with my mom and dad, my sister, brother-in-law and their kiddos.....very laidback, with a bucket of chicken, some yummy sides and my favorite and one requested mommy's day gift....chips, salsa and cheese! :) Great weekend and very thankful to be a very blessed mama.....

No comments: