Monday, June 25, 2012

Summer is for SLOWING DOWN and HAVING FUN!!!









We are loving this summer!  I have tried for the last couple of years to seriously slow things down around the Massey house....whether it is summer or not.....but especially during the summer season.  Why run around like a chicken with your head cut off and not enjoy life, one day at a time?  Life is just too short to stress.....  Now, I know you are asking if you are a busy mama like me...."What???!!  Has she officially lost her mind??!!" But seriously.....I read an awesome book about a year ago called "Breathe" that really helped give me a much better, BIBLICAL perspective on slowing life down.  I'm so happy that God placed that book into my life because even though our lives are still a bit crazy, the overall "feel" of things around here is so much better and my perspective, although sometimes not right away...tends to adjust and help me realize how precious life is and how crazy things can get when we try to fit too many things into it.  Ok, enough of my soapbox and sermon for the day....not sure where that came from other than to talk about how awesome this summer is for us and how much we are enjoying the times together.  Long sunny days, perfectly hot weather for swimming, great food on the grill, late nights watching movies, lots and lots of bike rides, the list just goes on and on.  Thank you Lord for our many blessings....especially summer break!  : )

No comments: