Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012!!!






We had already celebrated Fall with the girls' harvest parties at school....disclaimer....Allie wants me to be sure and remind everyone that she is too old to have this fun activity at her school since now she is officially in middle school and almost a "teen"!  HA!!!  But having the younger two girls' school parties late last week at school and (I hate to say this as it sounds bad but you mommies out there know what I mean.....) getting them out of the way was a nice way to make the actual day of Halloween not so crazy.  Allie was not sure she wanted to do the actual "trick-or-treating" this year but when I reminded her that she would get lots of candy and that if she didn't, there would only be so much that her sisters would be willing to share with her.....well, she quickly changed her mind.  She decided to be a 70's "Hippie" girl....which Mama had to kind of talk her in to...and then she loved her look and even had one of her best friends dress up like her!  Lauren was a 50's girl....so cute!  And Katelyn....well, in true sassy "Katie" fashion, she decided to be a cowgirl/sheriff!  They were all three the cutest trick-or-treaters I saw all night....and I'm sure I'm not biased at all!  We did some trick-or-treating around our neighborhood for a bit (it was cold!) and this year, I let Allie walk around with 2 other friends.....I was a little nervous but then again, our neighborhood was FULL of kids walking around and given that it's a pretty small area, we ran into her and her group a couple of times so I knew she couldn't go too far from my "watch"!  ; )  After a bit of that, we decided to head to Grandma and Papa's so they could show their cute costumes to them.  And by the time we got done there, it was time to head home and crash from the sugar highs!  But what a fun family evening.....Halloween is not my favorite holiday by far but I do love the season of fall, the fun of seeing the kiddos dress up and getting some of my favorite candy along the way sure doesn't hurt anything! 

No comments: