Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Welcome To The World KATELYN GRACE MASSEY






What a crazy day!! Shell gave birth to our 3rd Daughter this past Tuesday, 1/29/08 at 10:46 am. Yes, this was a scheduled c-section for Thursday, 1/31/08 but Katelyn had other plans. Around 5 am Tuesday morning Shell woke me, from a deep sleep, with mild contractions. By 6:15 am the contractions had progressed and were approximately 3-4 minutes apart. We arrived at the hospital at 7 am and by 9:30 Shell's water had broke and she was in "heavy" labor. That's when the fun really began, I (Daddy) ended up passing out from watching to much needle/vein action and ended up being checked out in the ER while Shell was experiencing heavy labor and Katelyn's heart rate was dropping. They rushed me through the ER and by the time I got back we were ready for surgery. Things happened very quick. Following the C-Section Katelyn and Mom were doing great and recovering. Katelyn weighed in at 5 lbs. 4 oz. & 18.5 inches in length. Small, but healthy as could be. Would you expect anything bigger from Shell and I! Everyone is doing great and we expect to be home this Friday, 2/1/08. Allison and Lauren are extremely excited and can't wait to get home and spoil her rotten. More pictures are soon to come! Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers!!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I can't believe it! I am so excited for you guys! Tell Shell I said hello and can't wait for more pics!